Terms and conditions of participation and use
Intent of the terms and conditions
The terms and conditions below:
- outline the nature of the relationship between the parties participating in the benchmarking of disability service provider (provider) NDIS-readiness through the NDIS Organisational Readiness Toolkit (“the Toolkit”)
- govern the use of provider data and insight gained from use of the Toolkit
- ensure confidential and sensitive management of information provided by participating providers.
Goal of the Toolkit
The goal of the Toolkit is to support providers in determining their current degree of organisational readiness for NDIS and their desired future state.
Eligibility to participate and use the Toolkit
The Toolkit is open to all providers in Australia. Providers are required to register their participation with NDS and to nominate one user to have responsibility for the input of data and to serve as the contact with NDS in relation to use of the Toolkit.
NDS reserves the right to deny a provider access to the Toolkit and to revoke access to any user or provider that acts in violation of these terms and conditions.
Definition of key terms
- Data entry period: the period within which participating providers can enter their data
- Provider: disability service provider
- Organisational profile data: summary information about the provider, such as size of revenue and location where services are delivered
- Registration information: information required to access the site and for NDS to ensure the authenticity of participating providers
- Readiness benchmarking reports: benchmarking reports on the disability sector as a whole, or on parts of the disability sector
- The Toolkit: the NDIS Organisational Readiness Toolkit, hosted on this website
- User: the individual from each provider with access to the Toolkit.
NDS is responsible for administration, maintenance and support of the Toolkit.
Providers are partners to the Toolkit and provide the data from which benchmarks and insights can be drawn.
This project has been made possible by a grant from the National Disability Insurance Scheme Sector Development Fund.
The Toolkit was adapted from the Development Tool Kit for Non-government Organisations, which was funded by the NSW Department of Family & Community Services: Ageing, Disability and Home Care.
NDS has the right to engage a subcontractor for data storage and to support for the Toolkit.
A valid organisation name, ABN and contact details for the user are required as registration information for participation and use of the Toolkit.
Participation in the Toolkit involves the submission of organisational profile data from each provider, along with self-assessment data and data on key financial ratios. Providers may choose the extent to which they provide data.
Data is collected at an organisational level; no individual or personal information is requested.
By agreeing to participate, providers agree to take their best endeavours to ensure the accuracy and validity of the data they provide. NDS or its agents shall not be held responsible for the accuracy and validity of pool data and benchmark results.
Timing of data input and outputs
Benchmarks will be collected for each financial year. Participating providers will have the opportunity to enter data at any point during data entry periods, which will be defined.
Providers will be notified when they are able to log in to the Toolkit and run benchmark reports. Sector-level reports may also be published by NDS during this time for public release (see below).
Reports and publications from the benchmarking tool
Following the close of the data entry period, the user will be able to generate benchmarking reports across the domains for which they submitted data. These reports will provide benchmarks that provider’s results against:
- previous years for the same provider (if available)
- the complete pool of participating providers (deidentified)
- participating providers of a particular revenue size (deidentified, measured by income)
- participating providers by location (deidentified, remote, regional or metropolitan), and
- participating providers by service type.
Benchmarks for categories (c) to (e) will only be able to be generated if a minimum pool size of five in each category and subcategory is met. Reports will be made available in different formats.
NDS may, on occasion, produce sector-level reports for public release. NDIA or other agencies may also, on occasion, request reports to inform ongoing policy development or research. These reports will contain pool, de-identified data. At no time will any participating provider be able to be directly or indirectly identified.
Confidentiality and privacy
In collecting registration, organisational profile and benchmarking data, NDS and its agents shall comply with all requirements of the Privacy Act.
Individual provider data will be visible to NDS and its information technology contractor for the purpose of administration. Data collected from participating providers will remain confidential and will not be disclosed to any third party without the express written consent from the provider. Data will not be released (in reports) where the minimum pool size has not been met.
Data submitted into the Toolkit by participating providers may be published by NDS in aggregate form (primarily as sector-level reports) and may be utilised by NDS; however, at no time will any participating providers be able to be directly or indirectly identified.
Aggregate data may be made available to the National Disability Insurance Agency or other agencies as sector-level reports or to support ongoing policy development and research; however, agencies will not be able to access, view or request individual provider data or aggregate data that may lead to the identification of individual providers.
NDS retains ownership of all pool data, including public reports and good practice information, which will be used for the benefit of the sector.
Participating providers retain ownership of any reports they generate from the Toolkit and their individual data. Any sector data contained within these reports is not to be shared externally without express written consent from NDS or to be used improperly.
Providers may cease participation in the Toolkit at any time. However, to ensure the validity of past pool data and results, provider data that has been submitted and for which results have been made available cannot be retroactively removed from the pool.
NDS reserves the right to revise these terms and conditions at any time and will provide notification of any revisions to all participating providers. Changes to these terms and conditions will not apply retroactively.